|The functions of HRDC-LNIPE are to plan, organize, implement, monitor
And evaluate orientation courses for newly appointed college/university lecturers. ASC also
Organize refresher courses for serving teachers, orientation programs/ workshops for
Senior administrators/Assistant Registrars/ section officers and plans to the same for
heads of departments, principals, officers, etc.
- Formulate a program of orientation along the broad guidelines given above;
- Identify resource persons in various fields of specialization for running OPs and RCs, And familiarize such resource persons with the philosophy and guidelines for the Courses;
- Has set up a library for reference and source materials necessary for the courses;
- Produce specially designed material required for effective implementation of the courses;
- Organize monitor and evaluate the teachers;
- Create a culture of learning and self-improvement among teachers so that it becomes an integral part of the educational system at tertiary level;
- Organize orientation programmes for senior administrators and other decision-makers to familiarize them with the philosophy of orientation intended to facilitate reform in higher education through appropriate modification of the management systems at various levels
- Provide opportunities for teachers in service to exchange experience with their peers and to mutually learn from each other.
- Provide a forum for serving teachers to keep themselves abreast of the latest advances in various subjects.
- Provide opportunities to further widen their knowledge and to pursue research studies.
- Provide an introduction to new methods and innovations in higher education so that the participants can in turn develop their own innovative methods of instruction.
- Bring out publications relevant for enhancing the teaching and research capabilities of teachers.
- Conduct capability enhancement programmes for non academic staff so as to strengthen the teaching-learning environment.