Objectives of the HRDC-LNIPE are to enable newly appointed / Serving Lecturers to:
- Understand the significance of education in general, and higher education in particular, in global and Indian contexts;
- Understand the linkages between education and economic and socio-economic and cultural development, with particular reference to Indian polity where democracy, secularism and social equity are the basic tenets of society;
- Acquire and improve art of teaching at the college/university level to achieve goals of higher education;
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in their specific subjects;
- Understand the organization and management of a college / university and to perceive the role of teachers in the total system;
- Utilize opportunities for development of personality, initiative and creativity; and
- Promote computer literacy as well as use of ICT in teaching and learning process.